>Give Yourself A Perfect Manicure Now ! !
What is a French manicure?
A French manicure is a style of polishing the nails wherein white paint is applied to the tips of the fingernails, and the rest of the nails are given a pink coat or painted with sheer polish that is colored either pale pink or very light beige. The French manicure is very good for short nails and nails that have a moderate length.
Before you start giving your nails a French manicure, make sure you have followed the general rule for putting on nail polish. You should prep your nails first by removing old nail polish with acetone remover. This will remove any excess oils or soap than can cause peeling once polish is applied. Then give your nails a perfect trim.
Give Yourself a Perfect Manicure In Just 10 Simple Steps:
1. The most flattering nail shape is not long or short or square, it’s “squoval” – not quite square and not quite oval. Get the look yourself by filing nails into a shape that mirrors the curve of your nail base. Square tips can make fingers look chubby. So its better off to make them Squoval.
2. Don’t shake the nail polish bottle, instead roll it between your palms. This mixes the polish without causing air bubbles.
3. One trick for applying nail polish: Hold the brush between the thumb and middle finger while resting your forefinger on the top of the cap.
4. Apply white polish to the exposed tips of your fingernails, and then let them dry. Keep the area that you will paint white thin. If you go too widely on the white paint, your nails will look chunky.
5. Next paint the entire length of your nails with a basecoat (pink polish). Two coats of this polish may be necessary.
6. After the first coat dries for a couple minutes, next put a layer of top coat on your nails. After putting on the top coat, dry your nails and make sure they dry completely.
7. Once your pedicure or manicure is complete, run an orangewood stick dipped in nail polish remover along either side of nail to fix any mistakes.
8. Gotta leave the house before your pedicure is dry? Apply cuticle oil over the polish. This will keep anything from sticking to your polish.
9. If nails are yellowed or stained, apply a drop of lemon or lavender oil onto the nails and then use a buffer to buff off the stains.
10. For an extra spa feeling to your home pedicure, nuke a damp towel in the microwave for a couple minutes, slather your feet/hands in moisturizer and wrap them in the warm towel.